Debut Contemporary is continuously seeking talented artists for its mentoring and guidance scheme. We invite all independent talented and ambitious artists across all mediums (photography, painting, sculpture, mixed media, video art, installation art), based in the UK and internationally, to apply by filling in the form below.
The direct benefits include:
- Professional one to one mentoring with industry experts
- 10 quarterly workshops with some of the leading art and business industry figures including gallerists, curators, art critics and art journalists
- Guidance on pricing your work correctly and accordingly to the marketplace
- Assistance on production and display of your work according to the industry standards - Assistance on getting your work noticed and placed with leading art collectors in private, corporate and institutional collections
- Assistance on how best to approach galleries and achieve a gallery representation
- Advice how to raise your national and international profile
- Advice with your PR, marketing and communications strategy
- Showcasing, promoting and selling your work at our Notting Hill Gallery space with 80% net commission secured for artists
- Showcasing, promoting and selling your work on our fully fledged e-commerce site
The professional development programme which has created numerous success stories amongst many Debut artist we’ve worked with in the past entails a weekly licence fee of £95 for the initial period of 3 month period and a maximum period of 12 months. Many Debut artists stayed on for the full year and you can read about their experience and how their careers progressed as a result of that on our blog.
If your intention is just to use our gallery space to show your work, increase your profile and exposure through our brand that has a global outreach and is connected to many major art and business brands such as Sotheby's, Frieze, London Art Fair, Venice Biennale, Frith Street Gallery, Tate Modern, Soho House, TOMS, London Business School, Selfridges, and many more, but not get genuinely involved with the profesional development scheme, please DO NOT apply. We only want to attract talented and ambitious artists, both nationally and internationally, who are serious about their careers as professional artists and want to succeed on all levels, including achieving a representation of a reputable gallery in London, admission into serious private and corporate collections as well as museums and entry in the secondary market through major auction houses.
You will receive an automatic reply upon the submission of your application. Due to a very high volume of applications, we are unable to guarantee a personal reply to each applicant. with only 50 available spaces on the scheme at any give time and 5,000+ applications received to date, we are unfortunately unable to offer this opportunity to everybody who applies but do encourage you to keep on trying and regularly visit our website and our gallery in Notting Hill on a monthly or at least a quarterly basis. If successful, you will be invited for a face to face meeting with the chair of our select committee. Good luck!
If you would prefer you can download the application form, complete and return to APPLY@DEBUTCONTEMPORARY.COM